Candy Cane Play Dough
6 cups water
8 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 cups plain flour, sifted. plus more set aside to make desired consistency
3 cups of salt
4 tablespoons cream of tartar
Red Food coloring
Peppermint Food extract
1. Combine the Flour, salt, cream of tartar in a bowl.
2. Combine water and oil in a measuring cup.
3. Add to the flour mixture and combine
3. Move to a saucepan and heat until warm, stirring constantly, until the play dough starts to form peaks
4. Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
5. Knead until smooth.
6. Split playdough in half
7. Leave half white knead in some peppermint extract
8. For other half add red food coloring knead until you get right consistency and color
9. Add some peppermint extract. Until you get the scent you like.
10. Continue to knead and work the extract into the dough
11. combine and twist doughs together to make candy canes and more
I also use Wilton gel food coloring it gives the playdough a brighter richer color
12. Store the playdough in an airtight container or a resealable bag.
For a List of ALL my Play dough recipes visit HERE