2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
1 cup of apple cider
1/2 cup vegetable oil
red food coloring
4 cups flour
1 cup of salt
1/3 cup cream of tartar
2 tablespoon of cinnamon
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
2. Mix wet ingredients together in a pot over medium/ low heat; applesauce, apple cider, oil and food coloring stir continuously until the mixture comes to a boil then turn off heat and remove mixture from heat
3. Add dry mixed ingredients to the pot with the wet cooked ingredients
4. stir until it comes together into a ball of dough and then
5. Remove from pot and put on wax paper.
6. It will be hot! Knead when it is cool.
7. After it is cooled keep it in an airtight container. This dough keeps well and does not crumble.