2 cups water
2 cups Flour
1 cup salt
4 tsp cream of tartar
3 tbs oil (vegetable, canola)
Mint Extract( just add enough to get the scent you like)
Green Food Coloring
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
2. Add water, oil, and green food coloring in a measuring cup stir. Then add this mixture to your dry ingredients.
3. Cook over medium heat or in an electric skillet until it congeals.
4. Remove from heat and put on wax paper.
5. It will be hot! Knead when it is cool. Add mint extract to get desired scent and more food coloring if necessary. Continue to knead until scent and color is incorporated throughout playdough.
6. After it is cooled keep it in an airtight container. This dough keeps well and does not crumble.
7. To make this play dough look like real Mint Chip ice cream. Use a hole punch to make some “chocolate chips” out of dark brown craft foam
Use a single hole punch and a brown or black craft foam to make chocolate chips
To turn playdough into a gift put it in some mason jars add some fabric and labels repurpose old spice jars we made chocolate chips (craft foam) candles (cut pipe cleaners) and sprinkles (chunky glitter)
For a list of all my Playdough recipes check HERE