Mega Blocks at the Sensory Table

We added Mega Blocks to the Sensory table and the kids loved it. They built boats and they used the blocks to pour water from one area to the next.
Using the Mega Blocks and adding building to our sensory table was a fun change and the kids had a blast. We will definitely be adding megablocks, duplo’s and lego again.
We did try having the kids build under water to make it a different experience which was fun too. They built submarines for a while.



Dinosaur Sensory Bins

Dinosaur Fossil Excavation

IMG_20160331_102023404We bought super fine play sand click the link to see which we bought. We aslo purchased these Ancient Fossils but you can also make your own like I did here when we made our own fossils.

IMG_20160331_102030477Then we added paint brushes buried the ancient fossils and let the kids excavate.

IMG_20160331_102236926They loved discovering the buried fossils.




IMG_20160331_102335271We ended up adding some glass beads as well for added texture and fun.


IMG_20160331_102810799We used our Moon Sand Recipe here with a cocoa variation

IMG_20160331_104456212In this table we used the Prehistoric Mammals skulls.

IMG_20160331_104500045We set out molds and also showed how you can pack the moon sand around a skull

IMG_20160331_104511669Then break it open and find what you are looking for prehistoric fossils



IMG_20160331_104529618This table is a favorite!

IMG_20160331_104532878The table below is very similar to the first table except we used thicker sand from our sand box. We definitely prefer the finer sand we used up above for the sensory table excavation. But if you forgot to go buy the nicer sand improvise with what you have!

Materials Needed:
Play Sand
Dino Skulls from Safari LTD
Paint Brushes

Let the children excavate the dinosaur skulls with their brushes. They can gently rush away the sand to uncover the fossils hidden below.

Here are the dino skulls they are looking for

Other Dinosaur Theme Posts you may enjoy
Fizzy Bubbling Dinosaur Slime
fizzy slime
Dinosaur Bone Excavation Sensory Bag
Picture 364
Dinosaur Bone Excavation Preschool
Picture 1168
Making Fossils

Dinosaur Excavation Sensory Table

Yookidoo® Musical Duck Race our new favorite Water Table Toy

This post includes affiliate links
We love water play at our house and the Yookidoo® Musical Duck Race toy takes it to a whole new level! We do ahave a very shallow tub and my kids like the water level very high so we did have some water getting out of the tub issues with this toy. So….
We decided to take it outside and it is one of our favorite toys ever!!!
This little toy plays music seriously adorable music too. I could listen to it all day its awesome. You can turn the music function off if you want but we love it. the little ducks sopin round and round as the water shoots out in their little ducky bath.
The different ducks spray water out in different patterns. My kids favorite is definitely what they have dubbed the spitting duck.
Remember you can use a dollar store tub to create a water tub you don’t need anything fancy. Have fun with this toy in the bath or enjoy it outside like we do. This is definitely a must have and a favorite toy for water play inside or outside.
Quack, quack! Little ones have fun in the tub with the candy-striped Yookidoo® Musical Duck Race that comes with four cute duckies that ring around the fountain. Press the leaf-leaver to activate one of nine random sound and water effects and place a duck on top of the water fountain for even more water effects. This musical tub toy develops hand-eye coordination, cause and effect, and teaches colors and counting.
Buy It: You can purchase the Yookidoo® Musical Duck Race toy on

Space Sensory Bins



Make a satelite above.Cardboard pieces were packing material, pipe cleaners, corks, and othe plastic packaging material

IMG_20160104_121009346Blackbeans, glass beads, space figures and glitter

Snowball Sensory Bin

IMG_20151130_084938033The base is salt both epsom salt and table salt

There is glitter spoons glass beads and pingpong balls