We made fizzy slime! It was amazing.
- 4 cups of white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons xantham gum (I bought mine at Sprouts) a local health food store
- Food coloring (optional)
- Enough baking soda to cover the bottom of your tub
- Pour the vinegar and xanthan gum into a bowl. Whisk vigorously I used my kitchen aid or you can whisk by hand. Add food coloring, if desired, and continue to mix together.
- At this point, your slime may have lots of little white clumps of xanthan gum in it. These will slowly combine with the rest of the solution you have created, so put the slime in the fridge overnight. I have left this solution in the frdge for 48 hours and it works great so don’t be afraid to make a day or 2 ahead of time.
- Whisk the slime until it’s smooth. It should be cloudy, and the texture should look almost creamy. But gooey.
- Test the consistency by lifting some of the slime up on the whisk and letting it run back into the bowl. If it’s too thick to run and pour, whisk in a little extra vinegar to thin it out.
- Pour the slime over the baking soda in your tub and enjoy! This is super important. Dont forget this step or you will miss out on all the fizzing and bubbles.
Wonderfully Scented Moon Sand
- Cook the bar of soap on HIGH for 2 minutes. Don’t take your eyes off the bar of soap as it begins to expand and erupt into beautiful puffy clouds. Be careful not to overcook your soap souffle.
- Allow the soap to cool for a minute or so before touching it.
- Only cook one bar at a time
– 1 cup water
– 1.5-2 cups corn starch
– a few drops of food coloring of your choice