2 tsp. borax
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup elmer’s glue
1 2/3 cups of polystyrene beads ( I found some at Michael’s) OR You can substitute 2/3 cups micro-beads (1 mm from Jo-Ann Fabrics) and 1 cup bean bag filler (1/8″) OR you can also grate styrofoam cups or packing peanuts.
1. Mix 2 tsp borax and 1/2 cup of water.
2. In another bowl, mix 1/4 cup glue and 1/4 cup of water. Add food coloring.
3. Pour the glue solution into the bag. Then, add 3 tbsp of the borax solution, do not mix.
4. Add the polystyrene beads.
5. Seal bag and knead by hand until mixed. Let the bag stand for 15 minutes. Then knead for a few more minutes.
You can change the density/ moldability by adding fewer of the polystyrene beads.
For a List of ALL my Play dough recipes visit HERE