You can choose any theme and work with it. I love Oriental Trading they have some fantastic clearance sales and when you combine them with free shipping its totally awesome.
These little foam fruit pieces were on sale a few years ago for $1 for a pack of 150! I was sold. I got them and started thinking of how to tie them into the curriculum. Healthy eating is always a topic. But after looking at the fruit pieces I realized they also tied in perfectly with the Hungry Caterpillar! So there you have it. In this baggie are all the fruits that the Hungry Caterpillar eats.
Hair gel or thick shampoo (I prefer hair gel you can get it at the $1 Store by the tub) purchase clear
Food Coloring or liquid watercolors (I used Orange but you can use whatever color you like)
Foam Fruit Shapes
Or if you Find some fruit stickers put them on the outside of the baggie with the hair gel. Sometimes I find fruit shaped little erasers those would work as well. Look around see what you can find.
Get creative what else can you think to put in
Remember you want to put things with round edges. Something pointy may puncture the baggie
1. Add hair gel to the baggie just a few tablespoons you don’t want the baggie too full. I usually fill the baggie about 1/3 full
2. Add coloring and your fruit theme items, glitter, etc.
3. Fold the baggies over and push out all the air before you seal it.
4. Seal baggie with tape on the top. I like to fold over the ziploc seal part and tape that down. If you Find some fruit stickers put them on the outside of this baggie with the hair gel. before the next step.Then continue to…
5. Place the now taped and sealed baggie upside down inside another baggie.
6. Seal this baggie on all edges with clear packing tape. Trim the edges when you are done to remove excess tape.