Aargh! Where’s My Treasure!!!
So this is a Layered Sensory bag. Don’t get caught up on the theme I chose even though it is obviously awesome.
Start out with the theme you want. I found these Pirate stickers for $0.25 and I knew they would make the perfect sensory bag.
Get your hair gel out and squirt it into your baggie. I have used other things like beans etc. They don’t hold up as well as the hair gel ones. But try it out, decide for yourself what you want to go inside
Fold out all the air. Now apply your stickers to the outside of the baggie. You can use pretty much any sticker. Foil stickers work great really any sticker let your imagination run wild. Think of all the themes you could do!
clear packing tape or duct tape
Hair gel or thick shampoo (I prefer hair gel you can get it at the $1 Store by the tub) purchase clear
Food Coloring or liquid watercolors
Foam Shapes for inside inner baggie
Or if you Find some stretchy shapes they would work well
Get creative what else can you think to put in
Remember you want to put things with round edges. Something pointy may puncture the baggie
Stickers for outside the inner baggie
1. Add hair gel to the baggie just a few tablespoons you don’t want the baggie too full. I usually fill the baggie about 1/3 full
2. Add coloring and your theme items, glitter, etc.
3. Fold the baggies over and push out all the air before you seal it. Add your stickers to the outside of this baggie.
4. Seal baggie with tape on the top. I like to fold over the ziploc seal part and tape that down.
5. Place the now taped and sealed baggie upside down inside another baggie.
6. Seal this baggie on all edges with clear packing tape. Trim the edges when you are done to remove excess tape.