We are HUGE fans of My name is not Isabella by Jennifer Frosberry so when we heard about My Name is Not Alexander we were so excited and we were not disappointed. My Name is Not Alexander is a spectacular book about a little boy who dreams big. What I love is that children are learning a little bit of history (even if they don’t know it) while reading this story. It also teaches that you can achieve some amazing goals and be anything you want to be. It follows the same storyline as the My Name is Not Isabella book. You can read my review on that book HERE. My Name is not Isabella is one of Kaia’s favorite childrens books and mine too. It is brilliant and such an inspiration to young girls just as My Name is not Alexander is for young boys. These two books should be in every childs library as they are great inspiration and they are beautifully written.
Jennifer’s new book follows a young boy on an imaginary trip through history as he pretends to be some of the innovative men who influenced and shaped our world.
Just how big can a little kid dream?
Ask Alexander, as he takes a wild ride and discovers the sky’s the limit!
Through Alexander’s imaginative journey, he discovers how great men become heroes:
· The roughest rider can be surprisingly gentle (Theodore Roosevelt)
· A strong leader is also the most peaceful (Chief Joseph)
· Being brave about what makes you different will not only help you break records, but inspire others (Jackie Robinson)
· A curious mind can lead to new discoveries (Thomas Edison)
· Being creative and trying new things can motivate others (Fred Astaire)
· And sometimes our biggest hero is closest to home (Daddy)
This beautifully illustrated book celebrates the characteristics that parents, grandparents, uncles, and aunts will want to pass along to the boys in their lives. Discover your hero as Alexander learns how these remarkable men changed the world and inspire him to do the same.
A back of the book “Men Who Changed the World” section features short bios of the famous men Alexander pretends to be.
Win It:One lucky reader will win a copy of My Name is Not Alexander To enter FIRST YOU MUST BE A FOLLOWER OF MY BLOG VIA GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT. Next visit Jennifer Fosberry’s site and tell me something you liked or learned.
Extra Entries : (These are OPTIONAL AND NOT MANDATORY, Leave a separate comment for each one!)
1. Like My Name is Not Alexander on Facebook and write this on THEIR facebook wall Familylicious Sent ME! (3 entries)
2. Update YOUR STATUS on YOUR Facebook WALL by writing this I entered to win the My Name is Not Alexander Giveaway @ Familylicious Reviews! Stop by and enter at http://familylicious.com/ please leave me the URL so I can verify (3 entries)
3. Follow My Name is Not Alexander Kids on Twitter (1 entry)
4. Like Familylicious on FB (1 entry)
5. Follow Familylicious on twitter (1 entry)
6. Retweet the following: I entered to win the My Name is Not Alexander Giveaway @ Familylicious Reviews! Stop by and enter at http://familylicious.com/ You can retweet once a day, please leave me the URL so I can verify your tweet– I will be checking! (1 entry per day)
7. Subscribe to the Familylicious Reviews and Giveaways feed for EMAIL updates. You can find out about my giveaways as soon as they go live! (3 entries)
8. Make a blog post linking to this giveaway and the featured company stating why you would like to win this giveaway. Please leave a comment with a direct link to your post (5 entries)
9. Enter one of my other CURRENT giveaways you get one extra entry per other CURRENT giveaway you enter so enter one extra or all of them. Just write in your comment which other giveaway you entered. i.e. “I entered the… giveaway” (I understand that some will end before this giveaway is over, that’s fine)(1 entry per additional giveaway entered)
10. Grab my BUTTON this must be the BUTTON FROM THIS SITE THE OLD ONE DOES NOT COUNT please leave me the URL so I can verify I will be checking. The button MUST be on your HOMEPAGE. (5 entries)
11. Grab my SPRING FLING BUTTON and tell me where it is make sure to leave a URL address I will be checking. The button MUST be on your HOMEPAGE. (5 entries)
12. Enter this giveaway in a giveaway linky on another blog. Be sure to leave me the url to the linky you posted the link to! For an example and a list of places to post linkys Click HERE (1 extra entry per link each comment MUST have a URL as to where the linky was posted if you see that there is already a linky for this giveaway on a site move on to another site I have a ton of sites listed PLEASE DO NOT repeat a linky on a site where there is already one for this giveaway)
Giveaway ends May 1st@11:59PM PST. USA only. Winner will be picked via Random.org. If your profile page does not show your email address, please include your email address in your comment. For example: FamilyliciousReviews@gmail.com so that I may get in touch with you if you are selected as the giveaway winner. Please respond within 48 hours, or a new winner will be chosen.
This was not a paid post my honest opinions were used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. Thank you to The Hosting Company who supplied the products for the review and giveaway.