True Random Number Generator
Result: 15 Stacey L
I have found a book that every little girl needs to own. I know it’s a bold statement but here it is ” target=”_blank”> My Name is Not Isabella with its lovely purple haired character was definitely a right fit for my daughter. Okay so now to the story Isabella is a little girl with a fantastic imagination that draws from REAL historically significant women to empower her and find new roles to play out. Like Sally the first woman Astronaut, Marie the Scientest, Rosa the activist, Elizabeth the Doctor and so many more amazing women including of course in the end Mommy “The greatest sweetest Mother that ever was”. What I really like is that each time Isabella takes on a new persona she tells a little bit about that historical figure in a way that a young child can understand. Kaia was so excited about each persona and while she did not understand who each of these women really were she did understand that these are all accomplishments and careers that SHE can have. She started to talk about how she wants to be an astronaut and a scientist. Honestly it’s nice to hear her to want to be something besides a princess (which she still wants to be) she just wants to be more now. Or maybe she just understands that there is more now. Regardless I adore this book. Towards the back there is a section for Parent’s to help us brush up on our history and learn more about the amazing Women who pioneered the way for so many of us. The art work is adorable I love the colors used. I also like the sing songy repetitive storyline it was perfect for my preschooler she was completely captivated it drew her in and she was hooked. Best of all Isabella’s Mommy is the kind of parent we all should be a parent who engages and encourages her daughter to dream big.
My Name Is Not Isabella (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky; ISBN: 978-1-4022-4395-0; Picture Book $16.99; September 2010).
This picture book conveys an empowering and inspiring message that mothers, grandmothers, aunts and sisters will want to pass along to little girls in their lives. The protagonist, Isabella, celebrates everything a woman can be by using her imagination pretending to be some of the groundbreaking women who changed history: Annie the sharpshooter, Rosa the activist, Marie the scientist, and many more.
Jennifer Fosberry, a mother of three, was moved to create this story when she thought about the kind of women that she admired and the kind of women she thought her daughter could be. She included many personal heroes:
And the sixth role model – Mommy
Isabella’s Mommy is the kind of mom that not only encourages, but engages and enhances the imagination of her children. The teachable quality of this heartwarming tale empowers young girls with the knowledge that they can do anything they want while inspiring them to let their own personalities shine.
In a world of princesses, fairies and mermaids, Isabella makes way for scientists, doctors and astronauts.
About the Author
Jennifer Fosberry is a science geek turned children’s book writer. She was born and raised in the Adirondacks. Jennifer has a bachelor’s degree in Physics from SUNY Geneseo and a master’s degree from SUNY Binghamton. Until recently, she worked as a project manager in Silicon Valley in the high-tech electronics field. She currently divides her time between the San Francisco Bay Area and Costa Rica with her husband and three children.
Buy It: You purchase Source Books.com.
Win It: One lucky reader will win the Extra Entries : ( Leave a separate comment for each one!)
1. Like My Name is Not Isabella on Facebook and write this on their wall I entered to win the My Name is Not Isabella Book Giveaway @ Familylicious Reviews! Stop by and enter at http://familyliciousreviews.blogspot.com/ (3 entries)
2. Follow My Name is Not Isabella on Twitter (1 entry)
3. Like Familylicious on Facebook (1 entry)
4. Follow Familylicious on twitter (1 entry)
5. Retweet the following: I entered to win the My Name is Not Isabella Book Giveaway @ Familylicious Reviews! Stop by and enter at http://familyliciousreviews.blogspot.com/ you can retweet by clicking on the “retweet” button on the bottom of this post or by going to your twitter page to tweet. You can retweet once a day for 1 entry each time (please leave me the url so I can verify your tweet– I will be checking! (1 entry per day)
6. Subscribe to the Familylicious Reviews and Giveaways feed for EMAIL updates. You can find out about my giveaways as soon as they go live! (1 entry)
7. Subscribe to my FEEDBURNER (1 entry)
8. Make a blog post linking to this giveaway and the featured company stating why you would like to win this giveaway. Please leave a comment with a direct link to your post (3 entries)
9. Add me to your PUBLIC Blog Roll make sure to leave a URL I will be checking. (2 entries)
10. Enter one of my other giveaways you get one extra entry per other giveaway you enter so enter one extra or all of them. Just write in your comment which other giveaway you entered. i.e. “I entered the… giveaway” (1 entry per additional giveaway entered)
11. Grab my ***NEW BUTTON**** and tell me where it is make sure to leave an address I will be checking. The button MUST be on your HOMEPAGE. (5 entries)
12. Grab my Halloween Button make sure to leave a URL I will be checking. The button MUST be on your HOMEPAGE. (2 entries)
Giveaway ends Oct 24th @11:59PM PST. USA only. Winner will be picked via Random.org. If your profile page does not show your email address, please include your email address in your comment. For example: FamilyliciousReviews@gmail.com so that I may get in touch with you if you are selected as the giveaway winner. Please respond within 48 hours, or a new winner will be chosen.
This was not a paid post my honest opinions were used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. Thank you to The Hosting Company who supplied the products for the review and giveaway.