Scented Play Dough
(This quantity makes 1 batch so double, triple etc for how many batches you would like…I did this recipe times 6 to make all the colors and scents you see below)
1 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup of salt
1 tablespoon cream of tartar
1 cup plain flour, sifted.plus more set aside to make desired consistency
1. Combine the Flour, water, oil, salt, cream of tartar and food coloring in a bowl.
2. Move to a saucepan and heat until warm, stirring constantly, until the play dough starts to form peaks
2. Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
3. Knead until smooth.
4. Add two drops or more of extract. Until you get the scent you like.
5. Continue to knead and work the extract into the dough
* Red Playdough we used Cinnamon extract
* Orange we used orange extract
* yellow we used lemon extract
* Green we used mint extract
* Blue we used vanilla
* Purple we used Anise (it smells like licorice) grape would have been perfect though
* Pink we used strawberry extract
I also use Wilton gel food coloring it gives the playdough a brighter richer color
6. Store the playdough in an airtight container or a resealable bag.
For a List of ALL my Play dough recipes visit HERE