empty containers such as pill bottles (my favorite to use since they are the hardest for kids to open)
a hammer and a nail
extracts and spices
1. You will need different extracts in a variety of scents.
2. Put the cotton ball in the empty container. (NOTE: If you do not have cotton balls, you can also use small pieces of paper towels.)
3. Saturate the cotton ball (or paper towel) with a spice, extract, or scented oil.
4. Seal the pill bottle or container with lid.
5. Take the hammer and nail and punch a hole in the top pull out the nail and your done.
6.I like to label the bottom with a small sticker saying what the scent in the bottle is.
7. Introduce to children and enjoy! This is a fun way to teach children about their nose and sense of smell.
** You can use simple extracts like vanilla, raspberry, strawberry etc.
*** you can use essential oils like tea tree oil, lavender etc.
**** you can use spices like cinnamon, cumin, basil etc