1 cup water
1 cup Flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tbs oil (vegetable, canola, or baby oil)
1 tbs of Spice (Ginger- use yellow food coloring, Cinnamon- use red food coloring, Nutmeg- use brown food coloring, Cloves- use orange food coloring etc) Really its endless you decide the spice and the color you would like it to be or just leave it the natural off white with spicy grains throughout.
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
2. Add water and oil and food coloring or variation (koolaid, extract, etc)
3. Cook over medium heat or in an electric skillet until it congeals.
4. Remove from heat and put on wax paper.
5. It will be hot! Knead when it is cool.
6. After it is cooled keep it in an airtight container. This dough keeps well and does not crumble.