1 teaspoon Metamucil or psyllium husk (from a health food store)
1-1/4 cups Water
Measuring cups and spoons
Jar with lid
Large glass microwave-safe container
Resealable plastic bag
1. Combine the Metamucil or psyllium and water in a jar. Tightly seal the jar and shake it vigorously for several minutes.
2. Pour the mixture into a glass, microwave-safe container and add a few drops of food coloring or liquid watercolors
3. Put the container in the microwave.
4. Set the microwave on high for three minutes. Watch the mixture carefully, and press STOP when the liquid begins to ooze out of the container. Do not remove from the microwave!
5. Wait for three minutes, then microwave again for five more minutes. Have an adult remove the container (be careful, it will be hot).
6. After an hour, your Ultimate Slime should be cool enough to play with.
7. When you are done playing, store your slime in a resealable plastic bag so it doesn’t dry out.